[Cryptography] Crypto Books, 2017

Nemo nemo at self-evident.org
Mon Jun 12 18:37:01 EDT 2017

Ruy de Queiroz <ruy at cin.ufpe.br> writes:

> IMHO Boneh & Shoup's "A Graduate Course in Applied Cryptography",
> though still incomplete (Version 0.3, December 2016), is a serious
> contender for the best teaching material available so far.

Wow, thank you for this.

Boneh's Coursera class (https://www.coursera.org/learn/crypto) is
excellent, and this book appears to be based on the class notes.

(Incidentally, the online class just restarted today. It is free and
very, very good. If you decide to give it a whirl, I recommend making
time for the optional programming exercises. Implementation is the best
way to double-check and firm up your understanding.)

It does require some modest math+CS sophistication, but that is a
prerequisite anyway for any treatment beyond the trivial.

 - Nemo