[Cryptography] Crypto Books, 2017

Alfie John alfie at alfie.wtf
Sun Jun 11 07:05:04 EDT 2017

> On 9 Jun 2017, at 6:07 am, Perry E. Metzger <perry at piermont.com> wrote:
>
> A quick question to all: if you were teaching beginners cryptography
> twenty years ago, Schneier's "Applied Cryptography" would have been
> the obvious choice.
>
> Is there an obvious choice in 2017?

Beginning protocol implementers? I’d still stick with Schneier. There is so
much gained within Part I “Cryptographic Protocols”.

Beginning cypher implementers? I’d start with a strong dose of Algebra first,
and only then move to a book on cypher design. I’ve been told Modern
Cryptography by Katz and Lindell is good.

Alfie

--
Alfie John
https://www.alfie.wtf