[Cryptography] Checkoin: physical crypto-cash

Camille Harang mammique at garbure.org
Sat Jul 15 14:47:26 EDT 2017

Le 15/07/2017 à 17:59, Ron Garret a écrit :

> I can’t help but picture the following scenario: I accept a coin of the sort shown in the animation on your web site, the one with the scratch-off scratch-to-cash doodad on the back side.  I decide to cash the coin, so I scratch off the obscuring layer to reveal the word, “SUCKER!” written underneath.
>
> rg

Hi Ron, did you read the specifications? Please do, you'll see that the
case scenario you mention is very unlikely to happen, not to say
impossible. It's like having a genuine Golden Eagle gold coin in you
hand, there is almost 0% chance to be fake, because it's a Golden Eagle,
the technology (which also works for gold coins) guarantees you that the
coin is genuine.

Thank you,

Camille.