[Cryptography] A software for combining text files to obtain high quality pseudo-random sequences in practice

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Tue Jul 11 02:50:02 EDT 2017

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 4:00 PM, Sandy Harris <sandyinchina at gmail.com> wrote:
> mok-kong shen <mok-kong.shen at t-online.de> wrote:
>
>> There are plenty of other schemes for obtaining high quality pseudo-random
>> sequences in practice, e.g. AES in counter mode. However our scheme seems to
>> be much simpler
> I do not think it is viable, because it is not random; it depends
> entirely on the input text.

It may have value for simple minded generation of one time pads
using common shared books.
Pseudo random has applications when a sender and receiver wish to
synchronize based on a shared seed secret.  In this case five page numbers
of a book (ebook), OCR...
Knowing the five pages allows decoding, to expose the sixth (message).

Seems interesting for friendly communication between 'lovers' but not nations.
Evangeline A Tale of Acadie - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow would be long
enough for most summer romances.
Now I am curious if the rhyme and meter of poetry helps or hinders.
http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/2039/pg2039.txt

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l