[Cryptography] A software for combining text files to obtain high quality pseudo-random sequences in practice

Michael Kjörling michael at kjorling.se
Mon Jul 10 14:10:59 EDT 2017

On 10 Jul 2017 10:38 -0600, from rcs at xmission.com:
> In English, in normal Ascii, the vowels are odd.
> With your encoding, vowels are even -- the low bit is 0.
> Vowels are pretty common, around 50% of typical text.
> This will spoil the statistics of your random bits.

Would you mind elaborating a little on how that becomes a problem? My
first reaction when I saw the description was that this is _too_
simple, there's probably a flaw in there somewhere if you just look at
it for a bit (no pun intended), but I haven't analyzed the proposal in
depth so can't really comment on what, if indeed any, that would be.
However, if "around 50%" of bit sequences of any given length have a
particular bit set 0, then isn't that just what we'd want in a random
sequence?

Michael Kjörling • https://michael.kjorling.semichael at kjorling.se