[Cryptography] Moths, Evolution, and RNGs

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Thu Jul 6 18:54:31 EDT 2017

Whatever the seasonal moths are that are out in Boston right now: I see
RNGs. They have very erratic flight paths, I presume to be unpredictable
to prevent birds from intercepting their flight. They also aren't around
long each year, so before birds can learn or evolve a strategy for
catching them, they are gone again. I remember last year seeing birds
trying to catch them, but failing, and losing interest.

-kb, the Kent who is wondering what sort of chaotic and noisy circuitry
they use as an RNG.

P.S. Spraying them with kitchen degreaser--something that usually works
marvelously to instantly kill most bugs--maybe only makes their flight a
bit faster. Mostly they don't seem to know they are as-good-as-dead, and
they keep harassing me.