[Cryptography] Great IoS quote from LCA 2017

Steve Furlong demonfighter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 12:21:24 EST 2017

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 8:19 PM, Henry Baker <hbaker1 at pipeline.com> wrote:

> Who in their right mind would allow a Bluetooth-controlled "smart pillow"
-- complete
> with an always-on microphone -- to upload all this audio data to "the
cloud" to tell
> them that they snore at night ?

You're not hipster enough to understand.

No, really, you're not the target audience, not you or I or anyone who
thinks in terms of plusses and minuses and tradeoffs. The Cloud Pillow (and
someone should trademark that name if it isn't already) is for people who
see only the features and never the costs.

--
Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet. -- Arnaud-Amaury, 1209