[Cryptography] ZK meeting scheduling protocol?

yorick17 at outlook.com yorick17 at outlook.com
Mon Jan 16 04:19:33 EST 2017

> On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 3:59 PM, Ray Dillinger <bear at sonic.net> wrote:
> >

> > On 01/14/2017 06:51 AM, Henry Baker wrote:
> >> As most of you already know, Microsoft Outlook provides some protocols
> for helping to schedule meetings via email.
> >>
> >> Has anyone developed a zero knowledge protocol for such scheduling?
> >
> > You mentioned zero-knowledge proofs but I do not see one in your
> > protocol requirements.  I'm assuming there isn't a ZKP going on here.
> > If I'm wrong, then who are Peggy and Victor?  What is Peggy trying to
> > prove and what is Victor trying to verify?
>
> I think what you actually want to look at is secure multi-party computation,
> which is related to (but not the same as) zero-knowledge proofs.
>
> The problem doesn't really have anything to do with the Byzantine generals
> problem, multiparty key exchange, or the dining cryptographers problem.

Although I admire the idea, there is no need for any computational action.
Since this issue seems to concentrate on MS Outlook, this ought to be an Exchange
Feature. Serverside operations can be completely anonymous.

ZK is pretty much only related to public key identification, whereas you want to
conceal the identity of the key.

-ydw