[Cryptography] Bitcoin theft and the future of cryptocurrencies

John Tromp john.tromp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 13:55:39 EST 2017

> Suppose HHitler puts a wallet address on his website, and asks for
donations.

Mimblewimble doesn't have public addresses.
See https://github.com/ignopeverell/grin/blob/master/doc/grin4bitcoiners.md

> Seems to me that the authorities, monitoring the MimbleWimble
blockchain, will be able to tell that Ann gave a donation to HHitler,
even though they cannot tell how much.

There's no addresses to monitor.

> MimbleWimble greatly reduces the storage problem, but not obvious that
is solves the bandwidth and speed problems.

It spreads out the bandwidth more, with 1 minute blocks.

-John