[Cryptography] Bitcoin theft and the future of cryptocurrencies

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Thu Dec 21 15:40:22 EST 2017

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 5:37 PM, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 2:47 PM, Tom Mitchell <mitch at niftyegg.com> wrote:
> >> Cryptocurrency is the new cash.
> >
> > Missing/Omitted in this thread is a mention of quantum computing vs.
> > blockchain.
> >
> > At first quantum computing will be only available to nation states and
> > monster corporations.
> > Will they play nice?  Then there may be AI discovered insights into
> existing
> > methods with
> > or without quantum computing.
> > see Programming Pearls by Bentley or as we all know "It is easy is you
> know
> > how".
>
> To the extent Q / AI are ranked as legit threats, then the same level
> of efforts should be being thrown into deploying Post Q/AI cryptocoin,
> and serious questions should be lodged and asked of those that don't.

On the quantum computing side... it is here in the context of the
life of investments mod the ability to move from a pre-Q chain to a post-Q
chain.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/609451/ibm-raises-the-bar-with-a-50-qubit-quantum-computer/

It does not take AI to add new twists to computation.
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/609193/new-twists-in-the-road-to-quantum-supremacy/
If we are lucky "quantum supremacy stuff will be overhyped and
misunderstood"....

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l