[Cryptography] TOR on a USB stick (fwd)

J.a.w.n j.a.w.n at tutanota.com
Tue Dec 19 02:10:53 EST 2017

19. Dec 2017 00:34 by dave at horsfall.org:

> Might be of some interest here (and my apologies if it's old news)...  I haven't tried it.
>
> --
> Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Those who don't understand security will suffer."

 Tails is old news for those who know, and new for those who dont. Similar idea is Whonix, but completely different approach. Also worth checking out for anyone not in the know.

Tails is self-contained os on a usb, designed to leave no trace on the host machine.

Whonix is VM based which has a Tor VM within a host VM.

Both work by trying to avoid privilege escalation from escaping out the sandbox and phoning home another via non Tor channels