[Cryptography] High volume thermal entropy from an iPhone

Max Skibinsky max at skibinsky.com
Sun Dec 17 17:19:28 EST 2017

> Have we any reason to suspect that whatever amount of thermal noise may
> be present in dark frames, is not also present in photographs of actual
> scenes with light and subjects?

Ray, you are correct - thermal noise in present in live scenery, and
in fact amount of noise is proportional to light intensity:
http://www.metzdowd.com/pipermail/cryptography/2017-December/033335.html
 Well lit scenes (all the way up until oversatuation limit) on highest
resolution produce the most thermal noise per pixel.

- Max