[Cryptography] Intel's $10-100 billion Minix copyright problem

Kevin W. Wall kevin.w.wall at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 17:37:50 EST 2017

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 4:46 PM, Allen <allenpmd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Minix 3 License = 404 Not Found
>
> http://www.minix3.org/license.html

I think the license would be with the GitHub sources. I found this:
    https://github.com/minix3/minix/blob/master/LICENSE
which is  a BSD-style 3-clause license (and I don't think is the
correct license, because there's no actual source here) and this:
    https://github.com/Stichting-MINIX-Research-Foundation/minix/blob/master/LICENSE
which is some variation of a BSD license. (I didn't read or diff them,
sorry). The latter URL corresponds to where the source actually
resides so I would think that it were the license is.

Conclusion: Looks like link in the Minix FAQ at
http://www.minix3.org/doc/faq.html needs to have the URL for the
license updated.

-kevin
--
Blog: http://off-the-wall-security.blogspot.com/    | Twitter: @KevinWWall
NSA: All your crypto bit are belong to us.