[Cryptography] Cryptocurrency: CME Approved, Coin Paychecks, FED, OpenBazaar ZEC BCH

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sat Dec 2 16:29:51 EST 2017

On Fri, 1 Dec 2017, Tamzen Cannoy wrote:

> Welcome to 1928, when even paper boys bought stocks because the market
> could only go up.Until it diddn't. There are people on my local
> Nextdoor.com asking if they should be investing in bitcoin. At
> $10K/coin. No, not unless they started 10+ years ago. It’s a tulip
> bubble and it is going to wreck a lot of people’s lives and set back
> crypto-currencies in general.

Didn't Bitcoin just plummet by 20%?  It was all over the business pages
here in Oz (yes, as a techie I read the biz section too; sometimes there's
some fascinating stuff there that really ought to be front-page).

I wouldn't invest in anything that I couldn't exchange for the shiny
stuff; isn't that called "fungible" or something?  Precious metals
"should" never go down, but diamonds are only as valuable as deBeers wants
them to be (or something like that).