[Cryptography] Cryptocurrency: CME Approved, Coin Paychecks, FED, OpenBazaar ZEC BCH

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Dec 2 04:16:26 EST 2017

On 12/2/2017 11:51 AM, Tamzen Cannoy wrote:
> Welcome to 1928, when even paper boys bought stocks because the market could only go up.Until it diddn't. There are people on my local Nextdoor.com asking if they should be investing in bitcoin. At $10K/coin. No, not unless they started 10+ years ago. It’s a tulip bubble and it is going to wreck a lot of people’s lives and set back crypto-currencies in general.

My cleaning lady is investing in bitcoin, which is a good sign that it
is time to get out.

The current total market value of bitcoin is about two hundred trillion.

The current total market value of gold is about ten trillion.

In the long run it is reasonable that people should hold more wealth in
the form of bitcoin than in the form of gold, but twenty times as much?

I would favor roughly equal amounts.  If most people think similarly,
then gold needs to rise, or bitcoin needs to fall.

---