[Cryptography] Regulations of Tempest protections of buildings

Patrick Chkoreff patrick at rayservers.net
Wed Apr 5 15:42:25 EDT 2017

mok-kong shen wrote on 04/05/2017 02:40 PM:

> Via building a Farady cage, a person ..... causes interference to
> ......, right?

I would hope that the law distinguishes between passive absorption and
active transmission.  I doubt I am in legal jeopardy just because I
can't receive 97.1 FM "The River" in my underground concrete shelter.
On the other hand, if I start sparking out RF waves saying "I am John
Galt" over the top of a Joe Walsh tune, that might receive a different
legal treatment.

-- Patrick