[Cryptography] Tempest and limits on receiving

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Tue Apr 4 17:42:41 EDT 2017

On 4/4/17 at 12:34 PM, wilson at math.wisc.edu (Bob Wilson) wrote:

>There are quite a few receivers that say they do that, until
>you look at the footnote saying that reception of certain
>frequencies is disabled, because the disabled frequencies are
>used by some cell 'phones.

I think this "law" is a FCC regulation. It exists because some
people strenuously objected to having recordings of their phone
conversations publicized. Many of them were people whose names
you might recognize. WEP was also a later response to this problem.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | Can't fix stupid, but duct   | Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      | tape can muffle the sound... | 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com |               - Bill Liebman | Los Gatos,
CA 95032