[Cryptography] Interesting new TLS RFC draft

Michael Kjörling michael at kjorling.se
Tue Apr 4 12:55:47 EDT 2017

On 4 Apr 2017 09:09 +0000, from pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz (Peter Gutmann):
> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/attach/tls/txtBOpyxc.txt

Unfortunately, particularly sections 4.1 and 8 make it a little too
obvious even for a document dated April 1st. The I-D also doesn't have
much discussion in light of BCP 188. It could likely be argued that
section 3.2 addresses BCP 188, albeit only indirectly; a more direct
discussion would be appropriate.

Are the given authors' names real, though? "Y. Crypto" reads kind of
funny, but I suppose in some parts of the world, Yolo Crypto _could_
be an actual person's name.

Michael Kjörling • https://michael.kjorling.semichael at kjorling.se