[Cryptography] Removal of spaces in NIST Draft SP-800-63B

Chris Kuethe chris.kuethe at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 23:39:53 EDT 2017

On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 6:50 PM, Jonathan Thornburg <jthorn4242 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> FWIW, the shortest expiration time I've ever personally seen for a
> "please confirm your message to the FOO mailing list" token was 48 hours,
> with 3-7 days being more common.

A number of financial and government services will send confirmation code
good for 15 or 20 minutes. Granted, they are pretty major services likely
to have passed through many ISPs greylisting, and if you're running your
own mail server you probably known how to push something through your own
greylist.