[Cryptography] RSA Crypto is officially insecure due to NIST

Tom A. thomasasta at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 2 17:49:01 EDT 2017

On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 11:21 PM, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

WARNING

#RSA Crypto is insecure: http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/drafts/nistir-
8105/nistir_8105_draft.pdf

> GoldBug.sf.net seems to be the only Messenger & Email Client using NTRU or
> > McEliece in an open source implementation, both are considered as quantum
> > resistant.

> With all due respect, it could be great software, however historical
> evidence shows that you absolutely *must* prove that out

All can do that, its open source.

>You need to seriously search, research, evaulate, and audit
even here:
https://sf.net/projects/goldbug/files/bigseven-crypto-audit.pdf

In the case of RSA, Shor's algorithm transforms integer factorization into
a polynomial-time exercise.
And quantum-resistance is an important term. Other algorithms, including
AES, may require longer keys. Research.
And, snake oil.
https://www.amazon.com/Nature-Computation-Cristopher-Moore/
dp/0199233217/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491146644&sr=8-1&
keywords=nature+of+computation
Chapter 15.

See also quantum circuits.
http://www-bcf.usc.edu/~tbrun/Course/lecture11.pdf

And you tested the apps over Tor?

On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 11:42 PM, Jan Dušátko <jan at dusatko.org> wrote:

> but I afraid that we are years from successful implementation. From other
point,
the quantum computing contest has been started

NTRU is open source and implemented, also McEliece
even with Fujisaki-Okamoto for IND-CCA2! Open Source.

Regards Tom