[Cryptography] a new attack on ECDLP

Ayan Mahalanobis ayanm at iiserpune.ac.in
Sun Apr 2 06:34:38 EDT 2017

Dear Group members,

We present a new attack on ECDLP. The attack is exciting, because it is new. It is not similar to any of the earlier attacks. It uses a theorem in elliptic curves, so it is not generic in nature. It depends only on linear algebra and is easy to implement. We have implemented the attack in sage and it works fine.

The paper is in the following link

https://arxiv.org/abs/1703.07544

The abstract is as follows:

In this short paper, we develop a probabilistic algorithm for the elliptic curve discrete logarithm problem. This algorithm is not generic in nature, it uses some properties of the elliptic curve.

Regards,
Ayan