[Cryptography] Bamford: Over Eight Years, President Barack Obama Has Created the Most Intrusive Surveillance Apparatus in the World. To What End?

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Wed Sep 28 12:35:51 EDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 11:11 PM, John Gilmore <gnu at toad.com> wrote:

> Forwarded-By: "Dave Farber" <farber at gmail.com>
>
> http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/39340-
> over-eight-years-president-barack-obama-has-created-the-
> most-intrusive-surveillance-apparatus-in-the-world-to-what-end
>
> by James Bamford in Foreign Policy, 2016-09-25.

I honestly suspect that this was not Obama's doing except in the context of
omission.
The machinery was authorized by congress and then agencies moved into all
manner
of activities not specifically prohibited by law and worse specifically
allowed by
changed to regulation that have the force of law again by inaction of
congress.

Look harder at legislative bodies this next election and more.
Say no to lazy legislation that is incomplete and depends on regulations
crafted
by officials we do not elect and in the absence of disapproval is
automatically approved.

Of interest the ballot is not encrypted and we should know who
we vote for.

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l