[Cryptography] Ada vs Rust vs safer C

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Wed Sep 21 13:17:33 EDT 2016

On 09/21/2016 11:33 AM, Peter Gutmann wrote:
> August 2010: This issue is clearly documented in the appendix to the
> apocrypha to the Howto, and therefore isn't a problem that needs
> addressing.

That's certainly an old tradition: fix it in the documentation.

Reminds me of a very popular current technique: can't decide right way
to do something?, make it configurable. Maybe it can be tracked back to
the NSA, maybe they somehow planted this "design pattern": Complexity is
the enemy of security, so we gotta find more ways for people to add more
add complexity.

-kb