[Cryptography] OpenSSL and random

Mark Steward marksteward at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 08:23:15 EST 2016

Are you aware that the getrandom/etc interfaces have just this blocking
behaviour?

Sure, if an OS decides to fix /dev/urandom so it blocks, then people
compiling for that platform can add --with-dev-urandom-its-safe-really. But
there's no way other than flags to know if you're on such a system, so if
you do any lobbying, please make it to allow both /dev/random and
/dev/urandom to die.

Mark