[Cryptography] RNG design principles

Ralf Senderek crypto at senderek.ie
Tue Nov 29 07:01:45 EST 2016

On Tue, 29 Nov 2016, Jerry Leichter wrote:

> The conjectural process couldn't be implemented as a
> normal Unix process because  [...]
>
> So you'd have to find a different way to hack that into boot.
> But that seems easier than adding a whole new kind of file object
> to file systems, just to implement this one special file.

BTW, my humble hack, using the ordinary file system to implement
the desired behaviour can be found here:

    https://crypto-bone.com/release/root/init.d/cryptoboned
    https://crypto-bone.com/release/root/src/cryptoboned.c

And I'd really like to replace this with a proper kernel enforced
use of a secure read-once file. That's why I'm interested to
know if such a thing could be implemented (with the prospect to
become a reality).

       --ralf