[Cryptography] On the deployment of client-side certs

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sat Nov 19 00:04:16 EST 2016

On Fri, 18 Nov 2016, Jerry Leichter wrote:

> There are multiple microphones - if I remember right, the new MacBook
> Pro's have three!  And it's not particularly easy to block even one....

Cotton wool?

Mine (a classic MacBook) has just the one, but thanks for the warning
should I ever upgrade to a Pro...

> Are you sure that both directions are broken?  I doubt the paths have
> all that much in common - you could easily have a broken audio output
> with a perfectly functional audio input.

Nope; at least, that's what Preferences->Sound->Input says (the audio chip
just isn't there, and I don't even see the red LED in the audio jack,
which is a sure sign that the chip itself is cactus.  Of course, depending
upon your paranoia level it could be lying, and I have a psychological
problem with talking to a computer (which is why I hate voice response
systems; I don't like treating computers as my equal).