[Cryptography] On the deployment of client-side certs

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Thu Nov 17 19:52:54 EST 2016

On 11/17/16 at 2:21 PM, leichter at lrw.com (Jerry Leichter) wrote:

>It is interesting to note that no one, not even Apple, bothers
>to give you any indication, even software-controlled, that your
>microphone is live....

Since there is a good way of securing the camera with a piece of
sticky tape, it is much more important to control the microphone
which can't be easily defeated.

Of course, both camera and microphone are good sources for
seeding a random number generator. But we wouldn't want to scare
a security conscience user by turning on the lights just to hash
the input. It's a complex problem.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | Privacy is dead, get over    | Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      | it.                          | 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com |              - Scott McNealy | Los Gatos,
CA 95032