[Cryptography] protecting information ... was: we need to protect our dox

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Wed Nov 9 19:28:32 EST 2016

On Nov 9, 2016, at 1:41 PM, John Denker <jsd at av8n.com> wrote:

> As part of asking
>  What's Your Threat Model (WYTM)?
> we need to ask
>  What's Your Security Perimeter (WYSP)?

This really needs to be emphasized.  I meet people all the time who ask me if I can build them a magic USB dongle that they can plug in to their computer and somehow make it magically secure.  I have to explain to them that the very fact that they are asking this question -- that this possibility is part of their world view -- is a big part of the problem.  Most of them don’t like hearing that.

rg