[Cryptography] "we need to protect [our dox] by at least encrypting them"

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Mon Nov 7 16:47:34 EST 2016

* Henry Baker:

> I have yet to see any evidence that *secret negotiations* are _ever_
> in the best interests of the ordinary citizen.

Current public discourse has tremendously raised the perceived cost of
being in the wrong.  Typically, it is possible to negotiate a way
forward for everyone involved, while all parties can somehow save face
in the public eye (at least formally).  In a fully public environment,
this wouldn't be possible, so there wouldn't be much incentive to make
any compromise at all.