[Cryptography] USB 3.0 authentication: market power and DRM?

Philipp Gühring pg at futureware.at
Thu May 5 13:58:00 EDT 2016

Hi,

> This horse left the barn with USB.  Hacked USB HID devices can cause
> PC's to download malware from the Internet, or infect them directly.
> Check out NSA TAO's playset (Thanks, Ed Snowden).  The only
> "non-smart"/non-hacked HW protocol left is a UART.

And even UART got a Plug&Play extension, to enable automatic driver

http://www.osdever.net/documents/PNP-ExternalSerial-v1.00.pdf

Since Microsoft Windows 95 is referenced in the standard, I guess that at
least Windows 95 and perhaps some more versions would have implemented it,
but I am not sure.

Best regards,
Philipp Gühring