[Cryptography] WhatsApp, Curve25519 workspace etc.

Benjamin Kreuter brk7bx at virginia.edu
Tue May 3 08:57:43 EDT 2016

On Tue, 2016-05-03 at 07:33 +0300, Ismail Kizir wrote:

> Especially considering we're talking about 10-20 years future, my
> humble opinion, 128 bit workspace is "highly suspicious".

Well, if you want something larger, there are other Edwards curves you
can use; for example, Curve41417:

https://pure.tue.nl/ws/files/3937646/687849301558882.pdf

The nice part about modern cryptography is that you are free to choose
the security / computation cost trade-off that makes sense for you.

-- Ben