[Cryptography] RFC: block cipher randomization

Dennis E. Hamilton dennis.hamilton at acm.org
Tue Jun 28 12:58:06 EDT 2016

[orcmid]

Agreed.  Thanks.  I need to ponder some cases where completely-known plaintext suspects are easily come by and the attack is off-line against persistent data.  Still, it seems that the DESX/FX scheme is at least as effective and far easier than what I was thinking of.

Oh, and thanks for pointing to conditions where successful "whitening" is understandable.