[Cryptography] Proposal of a fair contract signing protocol

Peter Fairbrother peter at m-o-o-t.org
Fri Jun 24 12:27:20 EDT 2016

On 24/06/16 15:08, Salz, Rich wrote:
>> (a) The definition of unfairness I have in mind is: A valid contract C is unfair in
>> its signing processing, if there existed a certain finite time interval in which
>> one partner had already fully committed while the other had yet the
>> freedom to commit or not.
>
> This is handled by language that says the contract is not binding until all parties sign.

No. Suppose Alice signs, but Bob hasn't signed yet.

Bob can create an enforceable contract by signing, Alice cannot.

I don't know why people are wasting time with this bollox, it is
well-known to be impossible.

Moderator, please close this thread. It is now a waste of space and time.

-- Peter Fairbrother