[Cryptography] Proposal of a fair contract signing protocol

danimoth danimoth at cryptolab.net
Mon Jun 13 10:19:04 EDT 2016

On 11/06/16 at 08:34pm, Ron Garret wrote:
> My hunch is that it’s a theorem that the sort of fair commitment
> protocol that you’re describing is not possible without a trusted
> third party, and that the proof would look something like the proof of
> the impossibility of establishing common knowledge with unreliable
> point-to-point communications.

Can I cite some academics papers?

[1] Impossibility of Distributed Consensus with One Faulty Process (1985)
https://groups.csail.mit.edu/tds/papers/Lynch/jacm85.pdf

[2] On the impossibility of Fair Exchange without a Trusted Third Party (1999)
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/~shmat/courses/cs395t_fall04/pagnia.pdf

Have a nice day
D.