[Cryptography] Verisimilitrust

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Wed Jan 13 23:37:09 EST 2016

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 3:32 PM, Ray Dillinger <bear at sonic.net> wrote:

> So - what worthwhile applications do we need another public key
> infrastructure for? And what requirements does it have beyond

> In short, where is the new work that we still need to do?

There seems to be short and long term work.

In the short term managing CAs via firewalls
and local copies of famous validated IP
addresses seems worthy.  Caches and checks
of CA answers makes a lot of sense.
Google and others could have their search page
cross check certificates local, at Google and the CA
with minimal impact on bandwidth.
DNS cannot be ignored.
VPNs seem valuable and may be more interesting than https for the likes of
GMail where some people are connected for hours.

Longer term it get difficult.

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l