[Cryptography] TRNG review: Arduino based TRNGs

John Gilmore gnu at toad.com
Wed Jan 13 21:06:39 EST 2016

> > Given the doubts about transparency for entropy sources it
> makes sense for a I2C device costing pennies to hit the market.
>
> I agree and have wondered out loud why we have no such device!

Because if you made an integrated chip with an I2C interface that claimed
to produce random numbers, nobody in this community would trust it!

And anything that shipped in high volume would just integrate the
random number circuitry into a VLSI chip (as modern CPUs have done),
rather than using even a tiny extra chip and the wires to talk to it.

	John