[Cryptography] Your fist...

Christian Huitema huitema at huitema.net
Tue Jan 12 00:00:15 EST 2016

Sent: Monday, January 11, 2016 1:56 PM, Robert Hettinga wrote:

> Behavior is biometric.
>
> What you do on the net is your “fist”.
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3393878/Forget-fingerprints-
> ROUTERS-soon-help-police-solve-crimes-Data-collected-Wi-Fi-devices-identify-
> criminals.html

The good news is that we know how to turn on MAC Address Randomization, at least on the latest version of Windows tablets and phones: https://huitema.wordpress.com/2015/12/31/mac-address-randomization-in-windows-10/

We also fixed the leakage of metadata through DHCP: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-anonymity-profile/?include_text=1. That's implemented in Windows, turned on when the Wi-Fi MAC Address is randomized.

That and a VPN should minimize what the routers see. Without the VPN, we need DNS privacy. That will come soon.

And an ad blocker, of course.

-- Christian Huitema