[Cryptography] Plan to End the Crypto War

Henry Baker hbaker1 at pipeline.com
Mon Jan 11 10:37:42 EST 2016

At 10:15 AM 1/10/2016, Benjamin Kreuter wrote:
>> I'm just cynical enough to suspect some RSA-type funding for Chaum to
>> throw this monkeywrench.
>
>Let's not go there.  If we start accusing anyone with a bad idea of
>secretly trying to sabotage everything on behalf of the NSA, we are
>never going to make any progress.  Everyone in this field has had bad
>ideas; the constructive thing to do is to explain to everyone what was
>wrong.

As was pointed out on techdirt.com,

"...nine server administrators..." is a dog whistle (or
subliminal cry for help, see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Pueblo_%28AGER-2%29
)

==
Nine
Server
Administrators
==
NSA

-----
I have a friend (name redacted) who once did a post-doc
in a country (name redacted) many, many years ago, which
country was experiencing some "turbulence".  Prior to his
departure to said country, the CIA offered him some
"assistance", which he turned down because he felt it
would compromise his principles and make it more difficult
for him to interact with the citizens of said country.
However, he found that when he arrived, *everyone* assumed
that he was working for the CIA anyway -- probably due to
his different ethnicity and religion -- and so in retrospect,
he should have gone ahead and taken the CIA's offer of
"aid".

Perhaps Chaum should go ahead & collect his $200.