[Cryptography] List of 64 open spec Single Board Computers

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Sat Jan 2 19:04:09 EST 2016

On 1/2/16 at 12:49 PM, ryacko at gmail.com (Ryan Carboni) wrote:

>Few are barely compatible with tails. To be fair, a used laptop completely
>reformatted is a bit cheaper (and when bought from a random shop more
>trustworthy), but part standardization is important when conducting
>revolutions to scale.

I built a system using a BeagleBone Black a over a year ago. I
built it of low power ham radio use without worrying about more
than consumer grade security. (It is rarely connected to the
Internet and doesn't hold any important secrets.)

I used a 12 volt HDMI display from ADAFruit and a USB hub. It
works nicely as a Linux system, although it is a bit low on
horsepower for some ham radio digital modes.

Being based on a TI chip, I was able to download the chip
documentation, all 5000!!! pages of it. I was not able to obtain
similar documentation for the Raspberry Pi as it is based on a
Broadcom chip and their web page said to contact a salesman. In
both cases, I have no idea about the possible backdoors built
into the chips, but I do know that installing back doors is high
on the priority list of certain government organizations, both
US and non-US.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | "I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn
up the
408-356-8506       | intelligence.  There's a knob called
"brightness", but
www.pwpconsult.com | it doesn't work. -- Gallagher