[Cryptography] Alice, Bob, Eve, Mallory, Maxwell ???

Henry Baker hbaker1 at pipeline.com
Fri Jan 1 15:21:57 EST 2016

At 12:01 PM 1/1/2016, Kent Borg wrote:
>On 12/31/2015 08:36 PM, Henry Baker wrote:
>>Is there a personification of random *noise* ?  I was considering "Maxwell" (for Maxwell's Demon); are there any other names in normal use for an attacker that simply injects random noise?
>
>I kind of Like Maxwell, though his Demon (if I understand it) is smarter than noise, maybe suggests backdoored noise...save him for bad RNGs.
>
>How about Claude? As in Shannon, in some sense the source of all noise. (Before him we still hoped it could go away.)
>
>>Is there a standard name for a MITM attacker?
>
>If there isn't, there needs to be.

Max (short for Maxwell).

Aaron (Error-un, get it?)

Aiden (Additive Noise?)

Austin (AWe-stiN, Additive White Noise ?)

Jack (for Hi-Jack, MITM, get it?)

Nick (stealing a connection, MITM, too British ??)

Cameron (for political attacks; obvious)

Chase (for an attacker who has lower latency !)

Anna (for anonymous)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AWGN