[Cryptography] Photojournalists & filmmakers want cameras, to be encrypted

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Sun Dec 18 18:53:06 EST 2016

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 9:31 PM, M373 <M373 at riseup.net> wrote:

> A major professional association, the National Press Photographers
> Association (NPPA), among others, is joining or covering favorably the
> Freedom of the Press Foundation statement. https://nppa.org/news/
> journalists-documentary-filmmakers-call-encryption-cameras

> Verifiability would be of interest to activists and in particular groups
> like https://witness.org/ . It might also be helpful to legal documenters
> like: https://www.nlg.org/lo-trainings/ .
>
> I am not sure how this will transcribe but "editing" of all kinds is a
tangle.

This is a much bigger than a bread box issue.  To help moderators I did try
convert (edit ;-)) the below mostly to text.

The edits of Wikipedia I discovered are a bonus.  All sides air only the
laundry they want
you to see....

A Google search for "police caught editing video -cnn" and my information
bubble found.

About 7,090,000 results (0.41 seconds)

Search Results

North Dakota police caught editing body cam of shooting! - YouTube
▶ 3:52
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To6NCQ9npr8
Jul 21, 2016 - Uploaded by Timothy Holmseth
The Grand Forks Police Department has been caught editing the video of a
policeshooting of an unarmed ...ABQ Police Dept Was Just Caught Illegally
Deleting & Editing ... - AMTV

www.amtvmedia.com/abq-police-dept-was-just-caught-illegally-deleting-editing-vide.
..

Nov 21, 2016 - ABQ Police Dept Was Just Caught Illegally Deleting & Editing
Videos of ... That is how I learned about SD cards and lapel camera video
being ...

Caught on video: Officer wrestles man who speeds off in police cruiser ...

www.foxnews.com/.../caught-on-video-officer-wrestles-man-who-speeds-off-in-police-c.
..
Nov 2, 2016 - Dashcam video showed a police officer in Ohio wrestling on
the ground with a man who eventually broke free and sped off in a police
cruiser ...

Fox Affiliate Caught Deceptively Editing Footage of Police Protesters ...

www.infowars.com/fox-affiliate-caught-deceptively-editing-footage-of-police-protest.
..

Dec 22, 2014 - A Fox affiliate out of Baltimore has been accused of
deceptively editing a video, making it seem as though protesters in the
nation's capitol ...

A Fox affiliate has been caught deceptively editing footage of police ...

yournewswire.com/a-fox-affiliate-has-been-caught-deceptively-editing-footage-of-po.
..

Dec 23, 2014 - PrisonPlanet Reports: A Fox affiliate out of Baltimore has
been accused of deceptively editing a video, making it seem as though
protesters in ...

Boulder City Police Doctored Audio in Arrest Video ...

www.copblock.org/.../boulder-city-police-doctored-audio-arrest-video-caught-commi.
..

Oct 21, 2016 - Boulder City Police Doctored Audio in Arrest Video Where
They Were Already CaughtCommitting Perjury ... he in fact also edited the
audio on that dash cam video to support his false version of the events
during the arrest.

NBC Caught Altering Interview With Witness to Fit Police Narrative in ...

photographyisnotacrime.com/.../nbc-caught-altering-interview-with-witness-to-fit-poli.
..

Jun 1, 2015 - NBC Los Angeles selectively edited a video interview of a
witness to a police shooting to better fit the police narrative about the
killing of an ...

US|Federal Charges for Chicago Officer in Shooting Caught on Video

www.nytimes.com/2016/09/17/us/federal-charges-chicago-police-officer-shooting.html
Sep 16, 2016 - A Chicago police officer is facing federal criminal charges
for shooting two black teenagers in 2013, when he fired into a stolen car
that was ...

NYPD Caught Editing Wikipedia Articles on Police Brutality - Gizmodo

gizmodo.com/nypd-caught-editing-wikipedia-articles-on-police-brutal-1691267182

Mar 13, 2015 - Looks like the long arm of the law is trying to diddle
Wikipedia into submission. Members of the NYPD are trying to scrub
Wikipedia's entries ...

NYPD caught editing Wikipedia entries of police brutality victims ...

www.dailymail.co.uk/.../NYPD-caught-editing-Wikipedia-entries-police-brutality-vict.
..

Mar 14, 2015 - Members of the New York Police Department have been caught
editing the Wikipedia pages of police brutality victims Eric Garner, ...
shares heartbreaking video of empty house... after Blac Chyna hack 'unveils
her scheme'.

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l