[Cryptography] "Op-ed: I’m throwing in the towel on PGP, and I work in security"

Jerry Leichter leichter at lrw.com
Tue Dec 13 13:21:11 EST 2016

“If you need to securely contact me... DM me asking for my Signal number.”

"After years of wrestling with GnuPG with varying levels of enthusiasm, I came to the conclusion that it's just not worth it, and I'm giving up—at least on the concept of long-term PGP keys. This editorial is not about the gpg tool itself, or about tools at all. Many others have already written about that. It's about the long-term PGP key model—be it secured by Web of Trust, fingerprints or Trust on First Use—and how it failed me....

From:
http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/12/op-ed-im-giving-up-on-pgp/
which got it from:
https://blog.filippo.io/giving-up-on-long-term-pgp/