[Cryptography] [FORGED] Re: Why is ECC secure?

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Sun May 31 17:03:25 EDT 2015

Tony Arcieri <bascule at gmail.com> writes:

>Show me one real-world example of a Montgomery ladder-based ECC system
>leaking a private key because of a usage mistake.

Sure, just give me about ten years or so until we've built up some real-world
experience with it (because currently we have basically none, which is what
makes it easy to claim there's no problems) and I'll be able to give you some
examples.

Which is precisely the point I was making in my previous message.

Peter.