[Cryptography] Dark Web should really be called the Twilight Web

Kevin W. Wall kevin.w.wall at gmail.com
Fri May 29 23:20:12 EDT 2015

Slightly OT...

On May 28, 2015 1:30 PM, "Tony Arcieri" <tony.arcieri at gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe it's technically called the Deep Web, at least according to CSI
Cyber:

> https://twitter.com/bascule/status/603778387757391873/photo/1

Oh yeah, that's an authoritative source. The writers on that show don't
even grok dot notation of IPv4 addresses. Apparently they think each octet
ranges from 000 to 999. E.g., one week they showed all of these IP
addresses on the same map.

129.356.24.399
136.269.64.259
101.258.10.024
64.167.84.259
146.378.83.634

They also tried to make up their on HTML once:
<hidden:ip: 951.27.9.840><echo;off;>

As Dave Barry says "I am not making this up." So our only hope is this is
simply troll bait for those with a clue. Instead, I think of it as being a
comedy.

-kevin