[Cryptography] NIST Workshop on Elliptic Curve Cryptography Standards

Ryan Carboni ryacko at gmail.com
Tue May 19 20:56:52 EDT 2015

Windows XP was last sold on 2008.

SHA-1 will be deprecated on 2017 (or around then).

For most computers that weren't pirated, I'll be surprised that not a
single component fails first. I remember when the GPU on my old laptop
failed during a hot summer, (interestingly, the command line was even
corrupted) the laptop was about nine years old and ran Windows XP.

Although SHA-1 deprecation wouldn't really matter. The major browsers will
stop supporting XP around next year, so it's ultimately up to the servers
to stop supporting SHA-1.

Hey, is there a census of SSL cipher support and usage?