[Cryptography] "Trust in digital certificate ecosystem eroding"

Hanno Böck hanno at hboeck.de
Fri May 1 14:29:28 EDT 2015

On Wed, 29 Apr 2015 21:25:50 -0400
Jerry Leichter <leichter at lrw.com> wrote:

> how untrustworthy today's CA system really is.
>
> http://www.fierceitsecurity.com/story/trust-digital-certicate-ecosystem-eroding/2015-04-28

Writing about CA problems and not mentioning HPKP and CT is kinda
strange...

I mean I wholeheartedly agree that there are many problems with CAs. I
just would like to ask people who write on that to recognize that
people have been trying to improve things. And some of these
improvements are available and usable.

If you're worried about CA problems use HPKP. It makes CA failures not
impossible, but much less likely.

--
Hanno Böck
http://hboeck.de/