[Cryptography] Certificate Transparency’s improved gossip protocols show promise

paul at cypherpunks.ca paul at cypherpunks.ca
Sat Mar 28 12:55:57 EDT 2015

On Fri, 27 Mar 2015, Greg wrote:

> From recent discussions over on the [trans] mailing list we learned that Google's gossip protocols were recently updated this month with
> important changes that greatly increase the likelihood that CT can detect MITM attacks post-facto.

Not google's gossip protocol. This is an effort by the IETF. The
current authors are Linus Nordberg and Daniel Gillmor but a working
group adoption call will follow soon, upon where this becomes an IETF
trans working effort.

Yes, Google authors are playing an important part in this, and yes they
are contributing greatly on the RFC6962bis effort but so did Cisco on
IPv6 and we don't call that a Cisco protocol either.

Paul