[Cryptography] Kali Linux security is a joke!

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Wed Mar 18 15:17:40 EDT 2015

On 3/18/15 at 12:31 PM, alfiej at fastmail.fm (Alfie John) wrote:

>An issue with HTTP for apt is information leak. People listening on the
>wire will know what software you're installing on machines.

I suspect that guessing the software being installed from the
length of the download(s) is also possible. Probably the best
defense today is to install large quantities of software, and
then delete the ones you don't want. You can also install from
other sources, like CDs and DVDs which aren't as public.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | Concurrency is hard. 12 out  | Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      | 10 programmers get it wrong. | 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com |                - Jeff Frantz | Los Gatos,
CA 95032