[Cryptography] What about TLS and MSL?

Albert Puigsech Galicia albert at puigsech.com
Wed Mar 18 05:43:26 EDT 2015

Hello everybody,

I am designing a communications protocol for the communication of some
components. Of course there's no need to reinvent the wheel so I will use
 standard protocols; the idea is to use HTTP (may be version 2) and some
cryptography layer that also allow trusted channel (two-way
authentication), and if possible authorization. For that cryptography
layer, at first I thought of using TLS using  some of the authorization
extensions, but researching I have known MSL from Netflix (
https://github.com/Netflix/msl/wiki) that also can be an option. I have not
read much about it yet, but it seems a mature project using modern
cryptographic primitives.

Any of you know MSL and has been regarded with deep? Should I value tit as
an option or directly go to TLS?

Thank you!

--
Albert Puigsech Galicia