[Cryptography] IBM looking at adopting bitcoin technology for major currencies

Henry Baker hbaker1 at pipeline.com
Fri Mar 13 16:46:21 EDT 2015

At 10:39 AM 3/13/2015, Dave Horsfall wrote:
>On Fri, 13 Mar 2015, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
>
>> The idea of using a hash chain as the ledger in a settlement system is
>> well established.  It would not be remotely difficult to find prior art.
>> Harber and Stornetta discuss such schemes in their original paper.
>
>That's never stopped the USPO from granting patents in the past.
>--
>Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
>http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)

Now that "I claim X, where X is well-known, but now I'm doing it with a computer" has been disallowed, we're now going to see "I claim X, where X is well-known, but now I'm doing it with a blockchain".

Cue billions in lawsuits.  Enough to pay for an entire generation of lawyers' kids' college tuition.